Monday, April 27, 2009

It hurts to miss so much...

I'm a busy body, yep...that's me.

Anyway, I'm hoping this week will go by super fast, along with the week after that. I am going home for Mother's Day, my best friend's bday, and my sorority sister's graduation! I'm so excited, but then I get to thinking...who can celebrate all that in one weekend? I don't know how, but I'm going to make it happen.

I love when I get to celebrate with loved ones, no matter what it is. I love being close to those I love the most...I mean, who doesn't huh? This is when I get home sick. Gosh, I need to be around my peeps for real. I've met some great people down here, but this is not the place for me. I can feel it! I'm ready to MOVE!!! I know that I won't be able to leave until it is time, but dang, why is it taking so long? I already have a list of places I want to go, and have found several houses in the neighborhoods of those cities...I know, kinda anal ain't I??? I don't think so, but others might. I love to plan things like this. It gets me excited! Maybe too excited that I start to think about the possibilities and get sad because it is not happening fast enough. I keep wishing it would, but don't want to rush things that I may not be ready for. I really love my job and am not completely miserable here, but still man! Ugh!

I know that I need to be patient, but it's very difficult for me to want something so bad and not do anything about. Sure, I've been looking for jobs in my target areas, but nothing that stands out and will present me with a better career opportunity. I cannot do that to myself! I was actually called about a job about 2 weeks ago, and had to turn them down because of the location. This is the worst place ever...a very small racist town. I would not even feel safe there...and why jeopardize my positive quality of life on some ignorant racist town that would probably have me going to the back to get my food, in the colored only section. And whoever reads this can say whatever you want, or draw your own opinion, but I have experienced this mess growing up, so it's not as far-fetched as you may think. Racism is still alive...everybody isn't racist, but it definitely exists.

So I can't focus on too much now except on looking at houses in my future new places of residence...I think I'll do that right now as a matter of fact lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment