Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wake up women!

I don't know why women think that if they end a relationship with a man, that life as they know it is over!

Why are we so drama??? Having a man does not define you! Honestly, just like you got that man, God will surely send you someone else. Now, don't get it twisted. I am not one of those chicks who say "I don't need a man" or "All men are dogs!" There is just something that women must do....We must love ourselves! Only then can we love a man and expect him to love us the way we need to be loved. This is sooo important to our success in life as a daugther, mother, wife, friend, co-worker...We must love ourselves.

The reason why we end up in some of the situations we do, is because the unconditional love for ourselves is not there. How can you expect a man to treat you right, when you can't even do the same for yourself. And I have been through it all. I was even in a relationship where I am certain I loved this guy more than I did myself. And yes, there is such thing of loving someone too much, because I don't know if you know this, but God is a jealous God. He does not want you putting someone else before him. That just won't work. And this is what I was doing...which resulted in God taking that person away from me. I had to realize that and since I have, I focus on loving myself. My relationships are not perfect, but I love myself. All of the rest will fall in place.

I look at the Rhianna and Chris Brown situation. I don't care what went down, whether he hit her first or if she punched him first, she is with him after all that hell, because she does not love herself enough. How is it we get this way? What has happened to us that keeps the love for ourselves at bay? Is is because we as women are nurturing and care for others, sort of like the motherly instinct, which results in us leaving ourselves out? I don't know but I am sure that whatever it is, the cycle must end.

I want my future husband to see the way I love God and myself...which will then let him know firsthand the kind of love I am offering and expecting to receive in return from him.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

1 comment:

  1. This was a much needed post!
    GAH! Weak women make me sick. And I know that sa really strong way of putting it, but thats how I feel.
    When weak women like that let men treat them any kind of way then thats what men get used to.
    Then the strong deserving women are left to clean up the mess!
    Not saying its all women's fault, but it sure aint all BOY'S fault like we pretend.

    ReplyDelete